6/28/2010 News from Burien!!!!!!

Hey y'all how y'all doin,
I'm doin great, I was able to meet the ward for the first time yesterday in sacrament mtg. great ward, but very small about 70 to 80 active people with a membership of 500, pretty crazy huh? It's great tho we are serving with a couple of senior missionaries which is awesome because of so much inactivity here.
Elder Read and I are getting along great he is teaching me a lot and is a cool guy. He has been out for 21 months and is extremely trunky so I try to keep home off the subject as few times as possible so that I don't make myself more trunky than I already am.
Last week was great, while street contacting we found two new investigators by the name of Aries and Junior both are Samoan and great guys, we also found a 17 year old girl named Jasmine who is trying to get the parent's permission to bring her out to a church tour.
Oh and by the way this area is a bus route so that means no car :( sad, so I walk every where I go now. I get the full experience of what real missionary work is really about now. I know how Daniel felt on his mission just a little bit, but now I know. Love y'all have a great week.
Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment