4/4/2011 News from Seattle 3rd!!!!

Hey family,
Yeah I know my letters are short and I know that there isn't much to write it's because nothing is happening here in Seattle 3rd we seem to have hit a dry spot right now, we've got no investigators and so that means teaching members and tracting so that's all I have to report.
Conference was great my favorite talk was Elder Oaks talk and my all time favorite quote from him is "tracting into strangers will not build the kingdom of God, it will be through thoughtful discerning members bringing their friends to the gospel". Also there seemed to be a lot of speakers on getting married and since I am almost done with my mission I've been starting to think about that it's crazy that I only have five more months left. I love the mission and all, but I'm ready to come home and resume life, go to school find a wife and the rest is history. Another one of my favorite talks was the person who talked about doing and being. How we can just do things and it won't amount to anything unless we be that kind of person, so yeah that was my favorite talks this general conference.
Love ya,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment